Five Factors to Consider
Wood floors offer warmth and are always inviting, which is what makes them so popular. If you’re thinking of installing wood flooring, here are some pointers to consider:
- Costs for wood flooring can run anywhere from $8-12 per square foot but could be higher if you choose an exotic variety.
- If you’re looking for the hardest wood floor available, look no further than an acrylic impregnated wood. While it comes at a higher cost, you’ll obtain a commercial-grade product that will wear for years to come.
- Bamboo, although not actually wood, is also a hard floor and offers more resistance to scratches than pine or other softer woods.
- All wood floors can scratch and wear over time. As a result, it’s important to select wood flooring that may be resurfaced a minimum of two times. This will be contingent upon the thickness of the floor’s wear layer.
- Wood laminates are an option as well. The overall quality continues to improve and the resemblance to real wood is incredible.